• A wind energy development which would complement and benefit the permitted Derrykillew Community Wind Farm.
• It would consist of up to 7 turbines.
• The maximum tip height will be up to 150 m.
• It would have the potential to provide clean green electricity for approx. 20,000 homes.
• There will be an on-site substation.
• Materials will be sourced locally where possible with an on-site borrow pit.
• The provision for a significant community fund which would benefit the wider local area.
• A community investment opportunity with priority for people living within 5 km of the development
Details were released on the 24th July 2018 on the new Renewable Energy Support Scheme which is to come into place going forward.This scheme requires a community contribution of €2/MWhr which would equate to approximately €160,000 per annum. This funding would be available for the local area and would present a significant opportunity to bring real and tangible benefits to the local area.